Career Accelerator Program –
Oak Point University
Oak Point University and Alverno Laboratories Collaborate in an Innovative Partnership
Considering a new career? While many are not aware of the career opportunities the laboratory offers, we urge you to learn more and consider medical laboratory science as a career path. If you like the life sciences, the laboratory environment may be for you: running instruments, overseeing testing and doing meaningful work that promotes the health of those living in your communities. The laboratory field also offers growth both within and beyond the lab if you so choose; consider that Medical Laboratory Scientists supervise and manage our laboratories, direct clinical departments and often move into the IT world of laboratory information systems. Another career path for those who wish to travel or interact more with customers choose to work for Alverno for a few years to gather experience and then seek employment with our vendor partners who sell and support laboratory instruments, software and other products.
Laboratory testing is vital to just about everyone – not just to diagnose disease but to confirm health. The pandemic highlighted just how important laboratory testing is for all aspects of health and disease management. Why not move into a fulfilling career that has a positive impact on others?
How does it work?
Alverno Laboratories is excited to announce an innovative collaboration with Oak Point University, with campuses in Oak Brook, IL and Chicago, IL (Wicker Park). By joining Alverno, we COVER YOUR TUITION! You will be hired as a part time employee during your educational period and will be paid for your clinical portion. Upon graduation, you will move into a full time position. Did we mention that you will also be benefit eligible? WIN! WIN! WIN!
Here is how it works:
- You qualify if you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology
- Next, apply for one of the Alverno Laboratories MLS positions – click here for available positions!
- Once hired, you will be enrolled in the Oak Point University MLS program and will attend classes either in person or virtually two days a week, with three additional days of hands-on clinical training and/or computer learning at the hiring laboratory site.
- Classes begin January 2023 but please apply early! If you have questions, contact us by email at NOWCareers@alvernolabs.com
- After completing the program, you will move into your full time MLS position with full benefits and a wage increase.
- What are you waiting for? Explore the laboratory sites participating in this exciting program!!